Making Funeral Arrangements
Shakespeare Funerals understands families, friends and relatives needs when they are grieving the loss of a loved one. We also understand how sensitive and emotional these times can be to everyone involved. Feeling comfortable and assured whilst preparing for the funeral service is imperative to Shakespeare’s staff. Your every need will be catered for with professionalism, integrity and discretion.
You will have limited time, but we encourage you to take your time when planning your loved ones funeral – give yourself and your family plenty of time to discuss arrangements for the funeral day. You only have one chance to get the funeral right; to celebrate the life of your loved one in the most appropriate way.
Once you have a plan in place, contact Shakespeare Funerals to arrange a meeting where your plan can be discussed at length with one of our Funeral Consultants.
The more preparation you have prior to this meeting, the easier it will be for you. Our Personal Planning Guide is available for families wishing to gather this information in advance.
In preparation for the funeral arrangement, you will need to provide information required for the registration of death, which includes:
- Full Name of Deceased
- Date of Birth
- Year began residence in Australia
- Usual residence
- Usual Occupation during working life
- Pension details
- Marital status
- Marriage information (including place of marriage, age at date of marriage, name of spouse) for each marriage
- Children’s Names and Date of Birth
- Name and occupation of the parents of the deceased
You will also need to consider:
- Who the primary family representative will be
- Burial or cremation
- Floral tributes
- Music selection
- Presentation tribute (includes Power point presentation, video DVD of funeral, photographs of funeral)
- Memorial Stationery (includes Order of Service and other memorabilia)
- Clothing you would like the deceased dressed in (this includes underwear and shoes)
- Wording for the death notice you would like placed in the newspaper (we can also assist you with this)